A warm and hearty dish filled with plant-based protein and a delicious broth. These wontons are steamed but could also be pan-fried for a crispy texture!
Packed with plant-based protein in a mushroom broth with delicious umami flavor!
- 6 scallions chopped
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- 2 cups edamame (shelled) cooked and drained
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 30 wonton wrappers
- 4 cups mushroom broth
- 1 lemongrass stalk
- 2 tbsp mirin
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds for garnish
- 2 tbsp cilantro chopped
- In a food processor, combine scallions, sesame oil, basil, edamame, sour cream, and hot sauce. Process into a puree.
- Place a heaping tablespoon of the fillling onto a wonton wrapper. Dip your finger in a small bowl of water and wipe the edges of the wonton. Place the top wonton on and press down along the edges to seal. Continue with remaining filling and wrappers.
- Place the mushroom broth in a medium pot and warm over medium-low heat.
- Pound the stalk of lemongrass with the back of a heavy knife to release the oils and then discard the out layer. mince the inner portion of pale stalk and add to the broth. Also add in the mirin and soy sauce.
- Gently simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add 1+ cup of broth to a saucepan and add a single layer of wontons. Cover and steam over medium-low heat, about 2 minutes.
- Repeat until all wontons and warmed/cooked.
- Divide wontons into bowls and top with remaining broth, toasted seseame seeds and cilantro.